Meet regulatory requirements for gender pay, and CEO pay ratio, reporting, and proactively manage your pay gap.
Greater transparency is expected from companies. This is being driven by Government reforms focussed on large companies, but is recognised as best practice and the right thing to do for organisations of all sectors and sizes.
Gender pay reporting regulations require companies with more than 250 employees to calculate and publish pay and bonus gaps, and ethnicity pay reporting is imminent. New disclosure requirements within the Companies Act requires large listed companies to publish CEO pay ratios.
In addition to this, more in-depth internal reporting is needed for companies to better understand potential pay gaps and take action on possible causes. Many companies are also choosing to voluntarily publish pay gap analysis that goes beyond their regulatory requirements.
All published calculations are open to scrutiny by current and future employees, customers and investors. They need to be accurate and compliant, and accompanied by authentic narratives and clear action plans.
Our gender pay gap support includes:
- Pay gap reporting - we collate your data and calculate regulatory compliant figures for gender pay gaps or CEO pay ratios. Many clients require further analysis to explore the data from additional angles (e.g. ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and partners within LLPs) and to better understand the story behind the figures. We provide accessible charts and summary tables to help you probe your data.
- Pay gap workshops – through a bespoke interactive workshop with you we explore your data, reasons behind any gaps, and the business case for equality in your organisation. Together we create key messages for internal and external narratives, and explore actions to reduce any pay gaps.
- Voluntary narratives - we discuss your figures with you and prepare succinct and clear voluntary narratives on your behalf.
- Equal Pay Audits – we can advise you on how to conduct equal pay audits and how to approach the output, or can undertake the analysis and make recommendations on your behalf.
Our combination of leading expertise in both reward and diversity can be enriched through collaboration with leading inclusion and change specialists from for business sake consulting.
Recent client projects:
- Developed regulatory, and additional voluntary, pay gap reporting including partners for a large international law firm. This was followed by an action-planning workshop and development of a voluntary narrative
- Ran a bespoke Gender Pay Reporting Workshop for a Local Authority
- Provided comprehensive Gender Pay Gap analysis for cutting edge research commissioned by a leading professional body for a male-dominated occupation
- Developed a CEO pay ratio report for scientific research organisation
- Managed comprehensive Equal Pay Audits for a leading professional services firm
Please call us or submit the contact form opposite to discuss further.
I like the accessible and informative way the Gender Pay Gap report was presented. It clearly set out the legislation and our requirements, but the real value add was in the breakdown of data and the recommendations. The report gives a thoughtful long term view, not just a response to legislation.
Brunel University London appointed Verditer to help us with our recent gender pay gap report. Julia and her team provided a complete service starting with advice on data collection through to analysis and interpretation and then working in partnership with the University to consider the implications of our results and to prepare the narrative for our report. The quality of the end report is strong, particularly as Verditer took the time to understand the work the University is doing to celebrate and improve diversity and inclusivity. Verditer demonstrated the highest levels of customer service and expertise throughout the process and we would be delighted to work with them again in the future.
We are really happy with our partnership with Verditer. In addition to providing ongoing reward support, they have worked with us to calculate and analyse our gender pay gap, draft the commentary, and facilitate action planning workshops, for a number of years now. Verditer understand our industry and bring much valued external perspectives and insights. Our gender pay work is complex but we have faith and confidence in the output produced by the Verditer team. Verditer work as an integral and engaged part of our team, spending time and energy getting to grips with our data and ensuring everything is absolutely spot on. Not just safe hands and critical partnership, but also a pleasure to work with.